Call for Tender
Short-Term Expert Assignment
Project Progress Review and Proposal Development for a Second Phase of the Project
Project: The FISH Visayas Project – Promoting Sustainable Fisheries and Related Food Value Chains in Central Visayas, Philippines of the AFOS-Stiftung für Unternehmerische Entwicklungszusammenarbeit in partnership with local business membership organizations and government agencies. (Project Duration: 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2022)
AFOS-Stiftung für Unternehmerische Entwicklungszusammenarbeit, based in Koln, Germany, is a Non-profit organisation founded by members of the Bund Katholischer Unternehmer (BKU) in the year 2003 arising from joint microfinance projects with Kolping International and Misereor, as their contribution out of Christian inspiration and responsibility to help towards self-help, self-employment and entrepreneurship.
Background and Objectives of the Expert Mission
FISH Visayas is a partnership project among the AFOS Foundation for Entrepreneurial Development Cooperation, the Business Membership Organizations (BMO), the Local Government Units (LGU) and Fisherfolk Associations (PO) supported by the regional and provincial offices of concerned National Government Agencies. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation & Development (BMZ) and Partner Contributions.
The Project Progress Review (PPR) will assess the status of project results and how they are being achieved, identify factors that have facilitated and/or hampered the achievement of expected results and assess the project in relation to DAC criteria: relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability. It shall also provide recommendations on implementation for the remaining period of the project and measures to ensure long-term sustainability. The evaluation will also be forward looking, giving future directions and recommendations for a possible second phase of the project.
Based on the results of the PPR, the Short-Term Expert will lead in the development of a compelling, evidence-based proposal for a Second Phase of the Project in accordance with BMZ requirements; involving key Partners and project management staff, as well as stakeholders.
Tasks of the Expert
Part 1 – Project Progress Review
- Desk Review and analysis of Basis Documents, Project Reports, and other related documents and materials
- Conduct of Kick-off Workshop with Project Management Team
- Conduct of Interviews with Key Partners and Stakeholders
- Conduct of Online Surveys covering Key Partners and Stakeholders
- Conduct of Debriefing & Planning Workshop for Potential Second Phase of the Project
Part 2 – Proposal Development for a possible 2nd Phase of the Project
- Desk research on the context of the Project
- Internal Workshop with AFOS
- Interviews with Project Management Team and Key Partners
- Proposal Writing
Procedure for the Short-term Expert Assignment
In the face of travel restrictions brought about by the COVID 19 Pandemic, the assignment shall be undertaken through desk study in Germany. Workshops, interviews, consultations and surveys involving Philippine partners and the AFOS Philippines shall be undertaken through virtual platforms. Activities with AFOS management in Koln may be done through blended face-to-face and virtual platforms.
The assignment will be managed by the AFOS Germany office in close cooperation with the AFOS Philippine Representative Office. The AFOS Philippines team is responsible for coordinating with the partners involved and other key local informants as may be subsequently identified.
Working language are German and English.
The Terms of Reference may be viewed and downloaded at http://tor.afosfoundation.org/tor.pdf
Qualifications of the Expert
- Strong, proven evaluation and analytical skills
- Strong capacity in data collection, analysis and report-writing
- Initiative and ability to organize work independently
- Strong programme design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent, and consistent technical documents including logframes and budgets.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changes as part of the review and feedback process
- Proven ability to deliver quality output under tight deadlines
- Advanced degree or equivalent in relevant areas of study
- In-depth working experience in international development projects, especially in the fields of organizational development, training management, sustainable fisheries, MSME;
- Previous project evaluation experience for international development agencies/ organizations;
- Prior demonstrated experience in developing and writing proposals for international development projects / in leading the design, execution, and/or management of multi-stakeholder programmes
- Sound experience in the Philippines in the above fields will be an added advantage
- High degree of language proficiency in oral and written English
Interested parties may send offers with CV and fee expectations by email only to email@example.com with Subject: FISH Visayas PFK & Ph II Proposal.
For further information and inquiries, please email Norbert Weiß, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date for tenders: Friday, 25 June 2021