Peter von Pokrzywnicki
Chairman of Board of Directors
- financial IT contractor
- cofounder of African BIB GmbH in Berlin and African BIB SARL in Cameroon
- since 2011, Head of the Magdeburg Diocesan Group of the Confederation of Catholic Entrepreneurs
“My mission is healthy business practices; that means also in the countries of Africa, that have become dear to my heart. A firm Christian faith is the best possible basis for this”.
Deputy Chairman of the Board of Directors
- managing partner for many years in a printing firm and an advertising agency
- from 1993 to 2005 office of economic assistance in the new German Länder
- from 2006 to 2014 Head of Communications and Projects at Opportunity International
“When threatened with hunger and poverty, the only option many people in developing countries have, is flight and migration. They leave their families and risk their lives. If they are to be given a chance of a worthwhile life in their home country, an economic basis must be established, that offers the whole of the population an adequate income. That’s what I’m working for as a Board of Directors member of AFOS Foundation”.
- Studies of development sociology and ethnology, as well as African studies in Mainz and Barcelona
- for 25 years now working as director of region and federal state for leading organizations of development cooperation in Sudan, Rwanda, Philippines, Albania, Afghanistan, India, Iran
“Education and vocational training are the best basis for sustainable development and the integrity of creation. For this purpose I want to work with AFOS Foundation!”